Still looking for a few last-minute gifts? Our Christmas Gift Catalogue features seven gifts that you can give to make an Impact – with no wait times, no missed deliveries, and no trip to the mall needed 🙂
Today, we’re going to look more closely at the impact you can make through a gift of health. It’s an ideal gift for any nurses or doctors on your Christmas list – or, for that matter – for anyone with a heart for those who are hurting.
Whether it’s the treatment of injuries and common illnesses, training in healthy living, or opportunities to pray to the Great Physician, the gift of health impacts both body & soul.
Our clinic reaches out to our students and their families, our staff members, families from our churches, as well as other Q’eqchi and Poqomchi people in the surrounding villages who otherwise would not be able to afford much-needed medical care.
What can your gift of health provide in Guatemala? You’ve seen a couple examples in our gift catalogue, but here are some more:
- $15 can provide children’s multivitamins for one class for one week – a cornerstone in keeping our kids healthy
- $40 can provide foldable screens to enhance privacy and dignity for our patients
- $55 can provide a sharps container to ensure safe disposal of needles
- $125 can provide an otoscope/ophthalmoscope set, allowing our medical practitioners to inspect ears and eyes
- $200 can provide a weight/height scale
- $275 can provide a portable examining bed for use in our mobile clinics
So – no matter your budget, you can give health this Christmas – and that’s definitely a gift that keeps on giving!