Due to Covid-19, Vida Schools are currently closed and the authorities in Guatemala have asked families to self-isolate
Teachers are continuing to connect with their students as they are able and sponsors are continuing to make an impact on their students’ lives
Your sponsorship enables a Guatemalan child to attend an Impact Ministries school where they will receive an academic education and be taught to know and love the Lord!
An investment of $45/month can help break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy
What does my Sponsorship provide?
In the rural areas of Guatemala, more than 75% of Indigenous people live in poverty. Many children don’t complete elementary school. At a Vida school, Christian teachers – many of whom were once Vida students themselves – are personally involved in your student’s life on a daily basis. We reach out to your child’s family and encourage them to be involved in a local church. Our leaders, teachers and support staff provide godly role models to help your child know the Lord and become all that He intends for them to be!
Your investment of $45/month helps break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy for your child by providing:
- a broad academic education at one of our Vida Christian schools
- a daily nutritious meal and vitamins
- medical care through the Vida Clinic for your child’s whole family
- Christian discipleship and mentoring
- a school uniform and new shoes
(some of these services are also funded through other gifts to Impact Ministries)
Your sponsor child is also be blessed by your prayers and encouragement!
You can sponsor your child throughout their time in our Vida Schools. For most of our students, this is until they graduate in Grade 10. Some students continue on to our teacher training program, and they can be sponsored through Grade 13. We have many sponsors who have been faithful in supporting their child through their entire education! When your child leaves the Vida School program, we will let you know and offer you a new child to sponsor.
How do I choose a child to sponsor?
- Click “See Available Sponsor Children” to see our students still waiting for a sponsor like you
- Personally select your sponsor child from all our students available for sponsorship
- Once you click “Sponsor this Child”, you’ll be prompted to login or signup to our sponsorsoft system to complete the sponsorship process. There, you’ll have access to your child’s picture and online information package
- Don’t forget to set up your monthly sponsorship donation within 48 hrs to ensure that you are matched with the child that you have chosen
How can I communicate with my child?
You will receive a yearly letter from your child and a photo update of your child participating in learning activities from your child’s teacher. Our teachers are also great at helping their students answer your letters!
We have transitioned to using the Sponsorsoft System to connect you with your sponsor child!
- If you currently have a sponsor child, your account has already been created
If this is your first time logging in to our Sponsorsoft System (or if you’ve forgotten your password), simply click on “Lost Password?” and enter your email address to request a password. You’ll be sent a link to set your password, and then you’ll be ready to view your child under the “my sponsorship” tab and find your inbox under the “messages” tab
- If you would like to become a sponsor, you will need to sign up for an account
Simply click on “Sign up” and enter your name, your email address and a password. You will be sent a verification email with a link to activate your account, and then you’ll be ready to select a child from our children who are still waiting for a sponsor
No verification email? First, check your junk mail. If the verification email is not there, click “Lost Password?” on the Sponsorsoft site. Re-enter your email address and click the request reset password button. The link to set your password doubles as a verification email.